Today was amazing. I was blowing up hundreds of balloons for a diversity conference that my intercultural communications class was holding for the surrounding high school students. I was about to my limit. My hair was running out and to be honest I thought I was going to pass out.
I kept blowing and then two guys from my class came to help. They immediately asked what they could do to help. I told them we just needed to blow up the balloons and without hesitation they began. One told me to stop blowing them up. He then proceeded to blow up a balloon in two breaths hand it to me and I was able to hook it to the stick. It wasn't hard for him to come over and help blow up balloons. In fact to him it was probably easier than folding sweat shirts, and loading bags full of swag. He probably didn't think much of it at all but it meant the world to me. I had reached my limit with tons of balloons to go and they stepped in. They came and helped at the perfect time.
Blowing up balloons is easy. It didn't take much effort for them to do so. There are so many different things that we can do in our every day life that will make a big difference in the life of others. Look for someone who seems to be completely bogged down with what they have to do. Whether it is balloons, books they are carrying, their hands are full and can't open the door. Make the difference. Help them!! Open the door, offer to carry something. It is easy for you to do but it can relieve a huge burden from their backs.

No comments:
Post a Comment